Jaehoon Lim, releases his new effect.
King’s Sword! A very unique, surprising and extremely visual card trick.
Easy to learn and easy to perform.
Gimmick can be customized to reveal any card you desire.
In this video, Jaehoon teaches you in detail the five basic skills needed to perform King’s Sword. He also gives you detailed instructions on how to construct the gimmick, and teaches you four amazing routines with it.
Skills Taught (along with “How to Make a Gimmick”):
Double Lift, Double Cut Control, Riffle Force, Slip Force, Snap Change
Shape Catcher I
- A card is selected and the magician introduces the King of Spades. He explains that the king will reveal the selected card with his sword. Small shapes of suits are given to the spectator and placed on top of the King of Spades. The spectator lifts the King of Spades from a corner, making all the shapes drop to the floor. The King of Spades is left with some shapes hanging from his sword, revealing the selected card.
Shape Catcher II
- A card is selected and the magician introduces the King of Spades. He explains that the king will reveal the selected card with his sword. Small shapes of suits are given to the spectator, and the spectator throws the shapes towards the King of Spades. The King of Spades catches some of the shapes, revealing the selected card.
- A card is selected and the magician introduces the King of Spades. He explains that this king is actually a thief. The King of Spades is placed on top of the selected card. As the magician starts separating the cards, you can visually see the King of Spades stealing the suits from the selected card – leaving the selected card with no more suits.
- A card is selected, and the magician explains to the spectator that the selected card is going to be a matchmaker for two cards. The selected card (the matchmaker) is placed between two cards. As the cards are pulled apart, a chain of suit shapes links the two cards together. The chain of suits reveals the matchmaker value — the selected card (the matchmaker) is completely blank without suits.
Running Time: 50 minutes
Language: English, Korean
- King’s Sword DVD
- Gimmick pack
- 8 sheets of suit shapes (2 sheets per suit; 1 sheet = 18 shapes)
- Gimmick cards (random color)